One of the greatest challenges and achievements for a child is learning to speak the English language fluently. Nowadays, mastering the English language is of great importance and it is increasingly necessary to know it to study, travel or work. For these reasons, language learning must be encouraged without getting to the point of overwhelming ourselves with unnecessary or complicated tasks.
Benefits of English for children
Learning English is incredibly useful for the little ones at home. At the educational level, it will improve their intellectual capacity, help them improve their memory and make their grades improve. Work on your creative capacity because understanding the key meanings will allow you to understand completely new sentences and make you understand how the speaker of a language can teach us so much about life. On a social level, it will help them connect with other people through language, something that will make them feel more integrated, as well as open the door to international friends.
How to promote learning?
The key is to find fun activities to naturally include English in your daily life. That they gladly know what they are learning without feeling tired and bored. For example:
Tips for our children to learn English
In today's world, knowledge of the English language is essential to be able to function in international environments or professions in high demand, and we cannot ignore the great importance of teaching our children a second language. English, with its rich culture and global importance, is the foremost of the so-called "world languages," making it ideal for learning to speak it.
Educating them from a young age opens both the mind and many possibilities for personal improvement. And here it is important to mention that we do not need to take them to a foreign school or spend fortunes to achieve good results; There are many ways in which we can help such as doing English summer courses abroad or English summer camp and promoting English learning during the rest of the year.
In a didactic way, we can choose books and magazines for entertainment to motivate them with exciting stories while learning another language. This is going to help them understand English grammar as a fun game. There are also pen pals, who can help you practice the language throughout the year. While learning, it helps them gain new experiences by interacting with English speakers from other countries.
Recommended activities to learn English:
1) Using picture books: These types of books are ideal for motivating an early interest in the language as they use fun illustrations along with simple words, a perfect combination to arouse your curiosity.
2) Sing and Listen to music in English: The little ones love children's songs, so we should not miss this moment to provide them with new vocabulary. Look for music in English that is suitable for their age to make it even more fun.
3) Play games and activities: This is the best way to encourage them without pressure. Both offline and online games have enormous benefits for a child. For example, video games not only keep attention fixed but also activate the creative side of the user. Always with caution and adult supervision.
4) Knowing the vocabulary of the home: Giving everyday meaning to language is essential when learning a language, for this reason all familiar objects are good collaborators. Build up your familiar routines with English words and before you know it you'll have nailed down basic knowledge without pushing yourself.
5) Considered Visits: to reinforce learning, a visit related to the subject can be useful, the learning centers have activities for the little ones designed exclusively for them, such as workshops, group classes, etc.
6) Fun educational videos: this type of material is an ideal element if you want your child to get excited about English while they are learning it in the comfort of home. Look for videos created taking into account the age of your child associating all kinds of extra vocabulary between simple visual concepts
7) Interactive Digital Books: These books combine audios, a lot of extra vocabulary that helps to reinforce everything learned. This tool not only improves vocabulary and comprehension but also entertains with predictions about the story
8) Discover the culture: Exploring the rich culture coupled with English is a fun way to transport your children around the world. Taking a summer camp in a foreign country will help you understand the language better. An ideal solution is, for example, to prepare an English summer with a host family and we can't think of a better place than Ireland to do it, look for a host family Dublin that will make your children spend an incredible summer learning English.
9) Make notes and reminders: These types of activities can be thought of as idealistic, but putting into practice this way of remembering innovative keywords could be useful to reinforce your learning. Cutting extra cards and sticking them around each zone can be a motivating way to reinforce information early.
10) Rest: The most important thing of all is to maintain a balance between rest and study, making something fun out of something monotonous. Let them rest and have their own space to reflect and interact with the language without unnecessary pressure flattering their daily routine
It is also important to remember the positive influence that external factors such as family and friends can have. If other members of your household learn English together with him, this will multiply his exposure to the language and help him strengthen concepts. It can also provide them with other types of conversational skills using anecdotes related to the thematic context of the day to consolidate previously learned ideas, thus developing an optimal symbiosis between fathers and daughters.
With these practices you will see how your child progressively acquires new skills in the language without getting tired of the content. This way of making him discover English can make him find a taste for it by separating the boring with the fun, thus creating a friendly pole in his mind from the beginning of the relationship with the language.
There is nothing better than learning a language as a child. Foster their skills in this matter and all the benefits will come by themselves.